I’ve been so busy with my new boarding business and renovating my flooded basement, that I am just getting to this now. Apologies, as my timeliness is not representing how humbled and honored I am by receiving this award!
I’ve still been
falling in love dog walking at the SPCA 3-4 times a week, plus taking on boarders. *SPOILER ALERT* I cannot wait to share who I get to spend my time with next week!
Today I am thanking blogger K9 Harper Lee for The Missy Award Nomination. If you haven’t checked out her blog yet, she’s an incredibly talented and charismatic Golden Retriever. She also has a great sense of humor – what a gem. Make sure to check this blog out!
The Missy Award is presented to bloggers who support and advocate for animals, either as the main focus of their blog or in a single blog post. The nominated bloggers can be animal lovers, vegetarians, vegans, rescue workers . . . doesn’t matter . . . it’s all about the animals.
The rules for this one are pretty simple:
- You must post the award picture on your blog. (Who doesn’t love putting award pictures on their blog?)
- Link back to The Missy Award.
- And answer these two questions: What inspires you to write? Why do you love animals?
- Nominate other worthy bloggers (whatever number you’d like), or you can simply accept the award and complete only Steps 1, 2, and 3.
- Finally, please let your nominees know you nominated them.
Q – What inspires me to write?
A – That’s easy. My big hearted, gentle giant that we sadly lost to Chronic Kidney Disease – Newton.
Newton was only 2.5 years old when I said goodbye last December. It was the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my entire life. I miss him every day. We tried everything to keep him with us longer. We had a week after his diagnosis to bring him home and give him his perfect day – every day. We recognized the signs he was giving us, and knew it was time.
Every day, I remind myself what he was all about – Love, Patience and Joy. I learned life lessons from my furry kid, and I have also turned them into my life’s mission statement. I started working with rescue dogs – training, walking and grooming. Then I opened my home to boarding other peoples’ dogs who want a home away from their own. I’m healing, and surrounding myself with “pawesome” animals plays a huge part in the process.
Q – Why do you love animals?
A – Easy, because they represent the best pieces of humanity. I think we can learn a lot from our canine and feline friends. We just have to listen. Too deep? Then how about this – I think getting to know their quirky, amazing and adorable personalities can be an amazing process. The animals I hang out with make me laugh on a daily basis. Laughing is great food for the soul.
Now for my nominees:
1. Oh Melvin (and Yo Jake) – a blog about the unlikely canine couple who found themselves brothers. Their owner writes about life with two hilarious rescue dogs, one of whom has severe allergies. Their owner tackles issues like socialization, food allergies and training. Talk about loving animals and making it work at all costs – She’s the real deal. You can feel the love between the three of them!
2. Peace. Love and Fostering – I think the name of her blog says it all. This blog highlights the stories of the amazing Pitbull fosters she opens her doors to. She also adds her wisdom and experience throughout. I eventually see myself getting into Foster Care, and she is an inspiration. Talk about someone who LOVES animals. This is it!
Sidenote – I’ve personally fell in love with Johnnie and cannot wait to see the progress of finding her a forever home!
3. Gardens for Goldens – I’m not ashamed to say I had tears the first time I found this blog. Gardens for Goldens is amazing, it’s all about creating a memorial garden for rescue Golden Retrievers. Through this story of a rescued garden, GFG hopes to share the love for rescue! A beautiful tribute, please check it out!
I also want to thank all of you for all your love, advocation, commitment and passion when it comes to the protection of distressed and homeless animals. All of your blogs inspire me on a daily basis. Thank you for that.
Beyond that, many of you have shared your own wisdom, encouragement and thoughts with me. I am beyond thankful to be a part of this wonderful community. I also nominate each one of YOU for this award!
Thanks for stopping by,