I’m so behind on my writing, but for good reason. Ahh so much upcoming that I need to write about (cue suspense music). I wanted to take a few moments and thank Mayra Bitsko for nominating my blog for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award – Thank you for the nomination. If you haven’t checked her blog out yet, she’s a terrific, passionate writer who also is a dog lover/owner – yay!
As most of you know, this is a therapeutic process for me. I’m happy that even sharing some of this difficult process is helpful to another.
I wasn’t quite sure how to go about this, as it was my very first nomination so here goes. I’ve never been good with rules, so like all things best to start at the beginning.
Here are the rules of the award:
1.) Display the award logo on your blog.
2.) Link back to the person who nominated you.
3.) State 7 things about yourself.
4.) Nominate 15 bloggers for this award.
5.) Notify those bloggers of the nomination by linking to one of their specific posts so that they get notified by ping back.
7 Things About Me
1 – I am the proud mama of two rescue cats: Stewart Scoudouc (Orange Tabby) & Frank the Tank (“Frankie” – Russian Blue mix). Frankie was born without the proper functioning of all of his back leg muscles, leaving him unable to jump/move quickly. We rescued him when he was almost 1. As his muscles evolved, he had his first jump/hop EVER onto an armchair when he was 2.5. Although Stewart hated him on site for the first few weeks, you can see that they have formed a bond and understanding.
2 – I have been with the love of my life for almost 14 years, and we’ve been doing part time long distance for the last 3 years.
3 – I was an elementary teacher for 6 years, before switching to a wonderful marketing position. Teaching is an amazing job, one that I definitely miss from time to time but love my new job!
4 – There are three things that relax me completely in life – animals, cooking and my family.
5 – My socks will never match
6 – I believe if you are an animal lover, and have the time, space and means to do it – you should always own animals. I truly believe ife is better with pets.
7 – I believe in the Karma of the Universe – what you put out is what you’ll get back.
15 Blogs that inspire me on a daily basis, and usually make me smile are….
1. http://ohmelvin.com/ – Wonderful, quirky blog about a girl and her two wonderful rescue companions. Loads of personality, plus she makes me want to have an office just like hers!
2. http://gardensforgoldens.com/ – Simply an amazing and inspiring project!
3. http://markingourterritory.wordpress.com/ – exploring great topics for all dog lovers, including how/where to travel with a dog! Plus, Eko’s pretty darn cute. Inspirational is the bond they have!
4. http://raisingmyrainbow.com/ – A blog about a family raising a fabulous gender creative son.
5. http://gorginggeorge.com/ – Fellow Canadian, foodie and lover of GIANT dogs, she inspires me to cook beautiful, fresh food on those lazy days when I don’t want to. Love all her recipes!
6. http://wordpress.com/#!/read/blog/id/40966220/ – A beautiful Golden Retriever, Miss Harper Lee’s point of view and sense of humor will make you smile.
7. http://thegradyreport.wordpress.com/ – Fellow NB’er writing an inspiring blog about a blind dog and his guide human. Make sure to read the backstory about Grady!
8. Evis Lens – Such a talented photographer!
9. Lesley Carter’s http://lesleycarter.wordpress.com/about-me/ – Simply described as inspirational, she lives each day as if it’s her last, with meaning, purpose, adventure and passion.
10. 2me4art – I love art, photography and jewelry. She creates amazing, one of a kind jewelry. I only wish I could start AND FINISH the beautiful projects she creates!
11. PuppyVision – 8 years young, life with Panda the Bernese is always enjoyable to read about.
12. A photographic journal of a wonderful Jack Russell named Sawyer, make sure to check out Adventures with Sawyer!
13. Slowgirlfastdog – A great blog about the hilarity of owning fast dogs while training for a half marathon.
14. The life and times of Zoey – A wonderful blog about life and living with a paraplegic cat and other pets.
15. Peace, Love and Fostering – A photographic and well written view of fostering animals and making a difference!
I know I’ve missed many of you! I do enjoy all of your blogs, videos, posts and pics. Thank you for the ongoing support.
I’ll leave you with something Mayra Bitsko included in her post –
Sometimes you make a positive impact on others without realizing it.
Yes, I’m talking about all of you! So thank you all for all of your wonderful, funny, supportive, happy, sad and always inspiring posts.